Sunday, March 28, 2021

Die Reise geht Weiter

Well, here we are, another two years gone by. In keeping with my biennial tradition this of course means it’s time to pack up shop and move somewhere else – this time to Regensburg as I begin my internship in international mobility and business travel. (Ahh yes, Bavaria, the Land of Lederhosen, giant pretzels, and the Weißwurstfrühstück.) As I’m done with all my seminars in Fulda at this point, I won’t be returning after my internship concludes either. It may well be the last move of my life lived abroad. Who knows?

It’s hard to describe how I feel at the moment. On the one hand, I’m always happy to try out something new and experience a new city. But on the other hand, I feel like I never got to know Fulda the way that I did Ulsan. While my first year here was exactly how I had imagined it, the second one just sort of had the wind taken out of its sails. Officially I’ve been a student in Germany, but it’s hard to feel like a student when you never step foot in a classroom for a year. It’s just like that second year just went by without me even realizing it. 

Yet, I still do have plenty of fond memories from my time here during the pandemic – whether through ultimate frisbee, bike rides, sending memes during online seminars, or deep conversations with some great new friends. We certainly made the best with the cards that we were dealt. In the end it’s all you really can do, I suppose. 

Pandemic or not, I’m learning that life does indeed go on. So, here’s to new relationships and experiences in Regensburg – and hopefully some sense of normalcy this year! 

Side note: If you happen to be reading this, I’d like to ask you to consider donating to my aunt’s gofundme page, if you can. She was recently diagnosed with a very serious illness and will be facing lots of extra expenses due her treatment. Any donation helps! Link: https://gofund.me/1fe59213

No comments:

Post a Comment